of alarm systems installed in the unincorporated area, both commercial
and residential, is required in Clay County pursuant to county ordinance.
A permit can be acquired through the Clay County Building Department.
You are required to keep all alarm contact information current.
Please contact the Building Department for more information.
County Building Department
Box 7, 477 Houston Street, 3rd floor, Administration Building
Green Cove Springs, Florida 32043
(904) 284/269-6307 ,
Fax: (904) 284-6360
- Alarm Contractors -
In addition to any requirements established within the unincorporated area of Clay County Ordinance (Ch 12, Sec 12-124), all alarm contractors must comply with this section . This section denotes the prerequisites necessary prior to applying for an alarm company application.
- Alarm Fines -
Each occurrence of a false alarm from a particular alarm system during any period of three hundred sixty-five (365) days in excess of three (3) shall be deemed unlawful and a violation of this article by the alarm user. The fines range from $25 to $250 based on the number of false alarms.
- False Alarm Payments – Alarm fines are paid to the Clay County Clerk of Courts Office, follow their link for locations and contact information, http://clayclerk.com/
- False Alarm Prevention -
- Become familiar with your alarm system and your password
- Cancel false alarms immediately through your alarm company
- Before arming your system, make sure that all doors and windows are closed properly
- Make sure that all motion sensor areas are clear of any moving items (displays, reflective materials, banners, fans, and family pets can cause false alarms)
- Everyone with access to your property should be familiar with your system and have a password
- Report any problems that you are experiencing with your alarm system to your alarm company immediately. FAULTY EQUIPMENT = LAW ENFORCMENT DISPATCH
- Periodically, call your alarm company and the Sheriff’s Office to make sure that your emergency contact list is accurate and up to date
- Never test your alarm without first contacting the monitoring service and CCSO Dispatch at 904-213-5900, or 352-473-7211
- Have your alarm system checked yearly by a certified alarm technician